The Westerly Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the upcoming testing procedure for the position of entry level Patrol Officer.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have 60 college credits, or two years of active military experience, or two
years of prior full-time municipal or state law enforcement experience
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Written Examination August 16, 2014 @ 9:00 a.m.
Physical Agility Test September 09, 2014 @ 5:00 p.m.
Oral Board Examination September 18 and 19, 2014 @ Time TBD
- Interview with the Chief of Police and Town Manager
- Psychological Examination and Interview
- Physical Examination
- Drug and Alcohol Screening
- Extensive Background Investigation
Interested candidates should:
- Complete the application below and submit along with a $25 non-refundable application fee (check or money order only) made payable to Town of Westerly. Application must be mailed to:
Human Resources Department
Town of Westerly
45 Broad Street
Westerly, RI 02891
MUST BE received in the Human Resources Department on or before August 1, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
- Attend a written examination on August 16, 2014. You will NOT receive any other notice of this exam.
Candidates should arrive at the Westerly Senior Center located at 39 State Street, Westerly, RI 02891. Check in begins one hour prior to the start of the examination. THERE IS NO LATE ENTRY.
Candidates must be dressed in business casual attire. NO sneakers or jeans will be allowed. You MUST present your driver's license.
Candidates must have in their possession two (2) number two pencils. No electronic devices, food, or study material will be allowed. Bottled water only.
Patrol Officer Job Description